Custom EA

I've been increasingly aware that we spend so much time looking for EA's that ultimately don't survive forward testing. We see the ones (and have them too) that make multi-millions in a few days, but the fact remains that they will not do that on your account (even demo). A high win rate is also accompanied by either low frequency trades or short duration (scalping) trades. It seems that scalping doesn't always work with great success as we have found out, because the market whips around so much. I believe the real money belongs in the higher TF (ask any fund manager), but I've been wrong before.

I'm devoting this thread to starting our own EA. I just gone done building a simple one for another guy that has a 400% gain in 3 months on backtest and has had winning trades for a month on forward test. It has a 20-60 pip SL (depending on the pair) with 19% DD on 10% risk and only makes 6-7 trades each month. I promised not to share it, but that doesn't mean we can't use similar ideas with decent indicators. It's only based on 2 standard indicators and one custom, which I'm sure we all have anyway. Even with that, I did not spend much time to improve the simple logic, and I still don't understand why it doesn't trade more frequently when all the conditions exist. What I did learn was that with a super low SL, and a high R:R ratio, we don't need a high success rate to make loads of money. We just need consistency, persistence, and a logic that works hopefully half of the time.

The point I'm making is, that with a simple idea great things can be accomplished. I invite everybody to contribute to this project by sharing ideas that we can all consider, but let's focus on the end goal.

I have all the code already. We just need to plug in the ideas to get the ball rolling. I believe simple is better, because extra weight only slows down a winner.

http://www.worldwide-invest.org/metatrader-expert-advisors/463-custom-ea.html